Confession time. My weight is ridiculous. I’m so pissed at myself!!!! Back in 2015, I was finally successful in getting very close to my ideal weight goal of 155 lbs. – I stopped short of my goal by about 10 pounds. CRAP! Why?! [place expletive here]. I’d just had enough of it all, and started telling myself that I didn’t mind being a few pounds heavier.
So, after cramming my closet with all those wonderfully fitting size 6 and 8 clothes, I tanked it. And, quickly. Sabotage, anyone?
I’m not 165 lbs. anymore. No, I’m back to where I started, only a few pounds higher. Awesome! I’m now at a very unhappy 210 pounds. I can’t even type that number without shedding a tear or two. I hadn’t even pushed myself onto a scale in almost a year, but after a recent trip for work where a lot of photos were taken, it was time to face the music. I look awful. My heart is full of shame.
So, the other day I decided I’d had enough with feeling like shit, aching like an 80 year old (I’m in my late 40s), struggling to squeeze into my size 14 clothes, and dodging people with cameras because I don’t want to be documented looking this way. It is time to change.
And, change I will. This blog is going to hold me accountable – I was very successful using my previous blog to do the same, so let’s not mess with success!
I’m going after that elusive 155 pound goal, and I’m going to achieve it with a Ketogenic Diet (LCHF – Low Carb High Fat). I find when I reduce carbs substantially, I get quick, sustainable results that keep me motivated. And, as a side benefit, I feel really great, too.
I’ve started on my new and improved journey a few days ago (Tuesday, March 6th), and I’ve decided to do a QuickStart into ketosis with an Egg Fast for a few days (no longer than 5). I’ll document my adventure with that (I’ve never tried this before) in a post, in the next few days.
For the Coles Notes version of what I’m doing, here’s the guidelines laid out by the original author, Jimmy Moore:
- Must eat eggs as the primary source of fat and protein.
- 1 tablespoon of butter used per egg consumed.
- I must eat an egg no later than 30 minutes after waking.
- The egg meals ideally should be eaten every 3 hours, but not more than every 5 hours.
- Follow this schedule even if not hungry, however I’ll only have 1 egg when that happens.
- Cheese will be permitted up to one ounce per egg. (real cheese only)
- A minimum of a half-dozen eggs must be consumed daily.
- The eggs will be local pastured eggs loaded with healthy omega-3 fats and vitamin D.
- Egg consumption will cease three hours before bedtime.
- Diet soda will be allowed up to 3 cans daily with a goal of 1 or less.
Jimmy did it for a month (okay, that’s crazy) and lost 27 lbs.
So – wish me luck! Thanks for dropping by… say hi in the comments, and let me know how you found this site!